Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I wasn't going to leave Redding until I saw the yellow-billed magpie. I went to a middle school where people said they were. Plenty of other birds (Nuttal's woodpecker) but no magpie. I was  becoming dejected. It was raining and I was hungry. I thought before I leave town I will get a snack bar and a coke. Pulled into a shopping plaza and in the parking lot where 3 magpies! Check! On the road north. Sky is clearing. Mount Shasta City here I come. And here I am at another B&B which is excellent. My room looks out at the mountain. What a fucking mountain, or volcano. 7 glaciers on it. The Lemurians live inside it. Take a hippy from Arcata and throw in mountain man and thats what you have running around here. But I want my gluten and everything is organic, asshole.Weird. More pot-heads. Ran into some old faces at the local bar.
 Don't know where I am stopping today. Klamath Falls, I think. I need a mountain chickadee.






No comments:

Post a Comment