Thursday, October 3, 2013

The drive from the Dalles to Edgefield hotel was gorge-ous. The Columbia River Gorge is stunning. Watched a boat from Seward cast a long net and haul in a few big Kings. Added Red-napped sapsucker to my list. Also stopped at Columbia River Gorge Hotel. The Boat pulled in at 8 this morning in The Dalles. Floating hotel.
 The hotel used to be an old-folks home, after it was a farm and manor house.
http://www.mcmenamins.com/1332-edgefield-lodging-packages.http://www.mcmenamins.com/1332-edgefield-lodging-packages
The room around the corner is named Gust Erickson. I about shit. Don't know what I would have done had I been given that room. There is a small picture of Gust on the door.  Looked like an Erickson. My room is the Kazoo Kats which was a signing group of elders. There is a brewery, winery, spa and restaurants here. Beautiful. Bathrooms are down the hall but I have a room with a sink, thanky. Every wall is painted with murals and faces decorate the pipes.
Tomorrow I will go down the where the Sand River meets the Columbia. Lewis and Clark slept there and screwed a couple Indians, probably. 
57 new species of birds. Might be done, as I don't know what else I can add this close to Portland. We'll see.






No comments:

Post a Comment