Friday, September 27, 2013

What a day!  Rob Fowler bird guide was phenomenal. fowleropebirding.com  He showed me every special bird I was looking for. I added 16 species this morning. MacGillavray's warbler, damn! Pacific loom, common murre, on and on, all the ones I wanted. Well worth $100.
Left Arcata at 2 and arrived Inn of the Lost Coast at 4. Redwoods galore, 40 minutes to go 15 miles on a winding road up to 1500 feet, then down again.  No pics of redwoods yet- too hard to pull over. Posted pictures on my jwerick Flickr. Airstrip here has black-tailed deer nibbling on grass. I do believe this was one of the best days of my existence.  Harbor porpoise at the jetty and seals below my balcony as a write. Oh, forgot the 400 surf scoters at the jetty! Golly damn. Tomorrow I am going to kiss a 1800 year old tree. I peed on a Bush but would  never pee on a redwood.  Sensory overload, off to bed.  Nighty night, seals.




2 comments:

  1. AMAZING !!!...Hope to get out there one day !
    Ken in Tally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really are doing it up right! I hope that Bush you peed on was.... Oh, I won't... :-) I am riding with you, vicariously ! What fun!

    ReplyDelete