Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yachats, Oregon

I arrived yesterday in Portland after a long day in the air. I drove 4 hours to the coast and found the Pacific was not very pacific. Had not seen it since Costa Rica in 2004. As I write I am watching the waves slam into the rocks below my room in Yachats (Yahats). California and Western Gulls are  sleeping just above the splash zone. I am at 498 on my life list and as soon as the sun comes up I will get my 500th lifer. I am hoping for something such as a perching bird but I will probably see one of the local cormorants.
Yachats reminds me of  Bodega Bay, 600 miles south. There are hundreds of crows and gulls at the mouth of the Yachats River. Went to the local bar and expected to see Mrs. Bundy. Instead I met Mary who welcomed me to Yachats  with sincerity.  The sun came out and provided a rainbow over the little hamlet. Y will have to see my Flickr page for pictures.   jwerick on Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/84231798@N07/



1 comment: