Thursday, May 1, 2014

I am dealing with a little Atahualpa's revenge. It's pouring rain right now (Thursday 7am) and I can't get to the pharmacia for pepto bismal. I would have thought the rum would kill what e.coli was in the ice. I am learning fast.
I hired a bird guide yesterday and we went to Cerro Blanco preserve just outside the city. Every location has a guard at the entrance. Car dealers, preserves, schools,  stores- everything. I will not go birding by myself. Eduardo cost $15 for 4 hours. I gave him $20. The taxi for a 40 mile round trip was also $15. A flat screen TV cost $2,000. Anywho, Eduardo did not carry binoculars so I just considered him a companion as I was able to identify birds faster than he could. I am a really fucking good birder. Crossing a small wood bridge my fat ass broke through one of the boards. I offered to pay to repair it but when I paid the entrance fee afterward they gave me $6 back on a ten. I have learned to walk on the nails of a wood bridge, not the middle of the board. Saw Laughing falcon, which I have seen in Costa Rica, and 12 other species. It is very difficult to see birds in the Bosque. You hear them but you don't see them. A HUGE tarantula crossed my path right at my feet. Saw one snake. Eduardo is 5 feet tall and slipped under the spider webs. I took them in the face. Big spiders. Argiope types. Fuck.
Rain letting up but I may send out for my pepto pills. Jhony is making me some toast.
 Had my first coffee yesterday and the cafe gave me instant coffee! Jhony makes real coffee. Strong and black, like my men.
 There are more copy shops around the University here than anywhere on Earth.  Shops lined up next to each other. How do you choose one with so many? I will try to get a picture. Printers must cost a lot.
Going to Playas tomorrow morning. May be off line for a few days. No worries. Adios.

1 comment:

  1. I bet if you had put hot sauce in your rum, you would be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete