Saturday, May 3, 2014

Playas, Ecuador
I arrived in Playas on yesterday and will be moving on to Salinas tomorrow. Eric has driven me everywhere and he will take me to Salinas also. This hostal has been wonderful. Ocean breeze at night and I need no AC. Very quiet here, which is why  I am moving a little  sooner than planned. I have seen all the birds this área offers . There are Peruvian pelicans about 25% larger than our little brown ones. Little brown ones, I sound like George Bush. 
  Eric took me on a tour of Posorja. I wanted to stroll the streets but he advised I not do that. It is a fishing village (shrimp) and  very poor. The frigate birds swoop down for morsels. Fascinating. People stared at me in the car.
 I met a doctor while walking the beach this morning. He asked about my hernia! He was very kind and friendly, as are all the folks I have met. The sky has been mostly cloudy but that is OK as it keeps the temp down. I could see the Andes far to the east this morning. Damn, Im going up there. 
This keyboard is set on spanish so I cant type english well. I write mostly in spanish lately.
I love this country. Ill write again in a few days. I think Ill have shrimp tonight. Adios.





2 comments:

  1. John what beautiful photos! I want more of them! It looks like such a nice village - I'd probably want to stay there for days.... You are in Salinas by now - we are all envious of the journey and new views! How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having great time.Please keep blogging, as I wait for the next exciting update. Miss Ya, Bud PS Big, Black and Strong, YOU ARE TO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete