Friday, May 9, 2014

I will stay in Ayampe until Monday, then off to Mandala Hosteria in Puerto Lopez. Made reservation today- well I told them I will be there and they are holding the Colibri suite for me. This is a fascinating community. They police themselves even though there is a small poplice station. I dont have a key to my room- you dont have to lock anything.
 I hired Rene to take me birdwatching this morning. He arrived at 6.30 am. I am up to 86 new species. The  Choco toucan lives only in this región. Got it, along with another toucan and 25 other small birds which I would have never found without Rene. Fantástico¡
  Had dinner at Xanadu. An 65 year old hippie who has a beautiful home-restaurant-bar. Jerry and I chatted for a couple hours. He makes a hibiscus drink which goes great with vodka¡ Incedibly delicious. At another beach front restaurant-hostel, a little 7 year old girl named Violeta always greats me with a thumbs-up. She has so much personality and makes a blender juice drink with loads of sugar and asks if I want some. I decline politely.
I am learning about the people of Ecuador.  Along the coast they are very courteous. They complain about nothing. They accept what life provides for them. They dont wake up bitching about another day. They are truely content. I cant explain it well enough. Que será, será.  Tranquilo.
My jokes go over well in spanish as well. It feels good to make someone laugh, in Spanish. Each afternoon the cat and  I take a nap after chasing birds all morning. Me in ahammock, he on my binoculars.
Email me if you cant see my Flickr page. I put photos there.












https://www.flickr.com/photos/84231798@N07/


2 comments:

  1. Um, what doesn't go well with vodka? Looks like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete