Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Montañita is a very popular surf/bar town and I passed right through. No gracias. I am in Puerto Lopez, a small fishing village just north of Montañita. Eduardo drove me here for $4. He's taking me to Agua Blanca tomorrow. Hotel Mandala is the nicest place in town but they could clean common areas a little better. There are 5 Great Danes- as in dogs, not nice Danish people. My room is fine for $36. Service sucks. Manuel, Manuel!!! Una màs!
Paid $40 for a day trip to Isla PLata. Left at 9 back at 5. Boat trip 26 miles offshore. Swells  to 15 feet. Beautiful!. 16 of us on the boat. We had the largest, most comfie boat. 4 elder Mormons from Salt Lake. Mucho fun people. Nazca boobies, bloobies dancing, frigates by the thousands. and 2 red footed boobies. I don't think I ever expected to see RFB's. It was rough hiking with the guide up to 700 feet and 3 hours in the ocean air. Worth every minute. It's the poor-man's Galapagos. Sir Franny Drake left his silver balls here in 1590-? or so. Elizabeth I was not amused.
 I have no idea where I am going next. San Lorenzo maybe. 40 miles north. Keith and Marilyn went to Latacunga in the Sierra and it was raining-flooding-like hell so I am going to stay on the coast a few more weeks. They were telling me about the Hummingbird Pyramids discovered last November in Manà, Ecuador. 1,000 + years old. Very unique. Google them, but keep in mind there are space cadets everywhere.  These pyramids were carved out of a mountain. I think they are aligned with Mount Shasta in California. Hey guys, if were gonna build this thing let's line it up with something 2,000 miles away. Joe, take this string and run. Oh, never mind, here comes that space ship again. You'll see what I mean if you watch the YOUTUBE video. http://www.human-resonance.org/hummingbird_pyramid.html

The garbage truck in Salinas had writing on it and said something like " Cholos, picking up your trash to keep your city clean. Google didn't have a translation for cholo. I asked Marilyn yesterday. It is a derogatory word that means scumbag, lowlife, hillbilly. People don't get upset so easily as they do in USA. They aren't thenthitive. Even the cholo smiles a lot. I LOVE these people and I haven't ever seen the REAL Ecuadorians in the Sierra.
Anywho, what a fascinating day. Buenas noches!





2 comments:

  1. I apparently am not allowed to post a certain word. Let's try this one:
    Bewbies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I' never thought I'd see colors like that on a such an ungainly bird - how beautiful! Your blog is so interesting John.

    ReplyDelete